Before I started my Paleo/Primal diet I used to go out with my husband to eat more often. And one of the places we went was ”Olive Garden” restaurant and I always ordered this delicious soup called “Zuppa Toscana”. It is one of my favorites! Especially that I love soups any time, any day
So I got inspired to make Paleo version of it. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did with all that yummy bacon, pieces of sausage…
1 lb Italian sausage (mild or spicy sausage)
2 large russet potatoes or sweet potatoes, sliced in half, and then in 1/4 inch slices
1 large onion, chopped
1/4 cup bacon bits (optional)
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups kale or 2 cups swiss chard, chopped
2 (8 ounce) cans organic chicken broth
1 quart water
1 cup full fat coconut milk or heavy whipping cream
red crushed pepper flakes
salt and black pepper to taste
- Chop or slice uncooked sausage into small pieces.
- Brown sausage in your soup pot.
- Add chicken broth and water to pot and stir.
- Place onions, potatoes, and garlic in a separate pot.
- Cook on medium heat until potatoes are done.
- Add sausage and bacon.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Turn to low heat.
- 10.Add kale and coconut milk or cream, red crushed pepper flakes, salt and black pepper
- 11.Heat through and serve.
Bon Appetite my friends!