I was looking for some simple and tasty chicken recipe online. So this recipe inspired me by “In My Kitchen”. We really enjoyed it!
- 1kg chicken thigh (boneless and skinless)
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2 tsps salt
- 1 tbsp black peppercorn
- 1/2 cup firmly packed chopped coriander leaves, stems and roots
- 1/3 cup fresh lime/ lemon juice
- Half a chilli (for the punch)
- Score chicken thigh sideways.
- Pound garlic, salt and peppercorns to a paste in a large mortar.
- Add coriander and chilli and continue to pound.
- Scrape paste into a small bowl and stir in lime/ lemon juice
- Rub paste all over chicken and into the scores.
- Leave it to marinade for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat griller to hot. Cook chicken for 10 minutes each side , be careful not to poke or move it. Or bake it in the oven 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Serve with salad or stir-fried Asian greens.