These last days I’ve been trying to make soups more often just for the health reasons. So I came up with this soup recipe as I went along in my fridge to see what I have. And it came out unbelievably delicious! Wanted to share with you my dear friends! 🙂
You also be creative by adding some other veggies, herbs and spices :)))
- 7 cups of water
- 3 cups of cubed chicken thighs
- 1 onion (red or white is fine), roughly chopped
- 2 carrot, roughly chopped
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 2-3 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet potato, roughly chopped
- 1/2 medium yams, roughly chopped
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 dried bay leafs
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- 1 tablespoon virgin, cold pressed coconut oil (or butter)
- 2 large garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
Add water and the chicken, to a crock-pot or your soup pot and set on low for about 30 minutes. Than add onion, carrots, celery stalks, sweet potatoes, yams, cauliflower, garlic (if you want it not too strong flavor or add it in the end to have more strong flavor) and cook it for about 5-7 minutes.
Set a large heavy-bottomed pot or a dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add a dash (1 tablespoon) of coconut oil or butter. Allow the pot and oil to come up to temperature (this will take about 2 minutes). Once the oil reaches the desired temperature, add all of the onion and a pinch (about a 1/4 teaspoon) of sea salt. Sauté the onion for 3-5 minutes, until it softens and starts to have light brown color. Add all this goodness to the soup and stir it all together.
Than add salt and pepper to taste, and also basil and dill. When you serve, garnish it with fresh chopped cilantro.
Enjoy it as we did! 🙂