Since the first time I saw this cake, I really wanted to make it. It looked really good. And it came out super delicious!
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup macadamia oil
- On very low heat melt chocolate chips and mix with macadamia oil.
- Cool in freezer about 15 min.
- Blend with a hand mixer until fluffy.
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup organic raw honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In small bowl combine coconut flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda.
- In a large bowl blend with a hand mixer combine eggs, coconut oil, melted honey, and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and continue to blend.
- Grease two 9″ round baking pans (we used coconut oil cooking spray).
- Pour batter into (2) 9″ round baking pans. Divide evenly.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cakes cool and remove from baking pans.
- Spread frosting on top of first layer.
- Lay second cake on top (frosted area).
- Frost top of entire cake, working from top down to the sides.
- Sprinkle cake with shredded unsweetened coconut.
- Sprinkle sides with left over chocolate chips.
I found this great recipe online at: Primal Palate http://www.primal-palate.com/2010/09/happy-birthday-hayley-dark-chocolate.html