I wanted homemade dessert. And came up with this recipe last week. So delicious!
“Plum covered in dark chocolate” and I topped it off with almond (optional)
- 24 dried plums (prunes)
- 24 whole almonds, toasted
- 8 oz dark chocolate
1. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with wax paper and set aside for now.
2. Chop the chocolate into small pieces and place it in pot to melt on super slow heat. Stir until the chocolate is smooth, and allow it to sit and cool slightly while you prepare the prunes.
3. Insert the almonds into the centers of the prunes, one nut per prune. I find it’s easier to use the tapered end of the nut to poke into the center of the prune. If you have difficulty, can use a paring knife to create a small hole for inserting the nut.
4. Use a fork or dipping tools to dip one of the prunes into the chocolate, submerging it completely. Remove it from the chocolate and drag the bottom along the lip of the bowl to remove the excess chocolate. Place it on the prepared baking sheet.
5. Repeat the dipping with the remaining prunes and chocolate. Once all of the prunes are on the baking sheet, refrigerate it for 30 minutes to set the chocolate, then serve. Store Chocolate Plums in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.