- 3 to 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large onion, cut into thin strips
- 2 carrots, cut into thin strips
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips*
- 2 small zucchini, cut into pieces
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh basil or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried leaves, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme or generous pinch of dried
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- If fresh red pepper is unavailable, substitute 1 small green pepper and 1/2 cup bottles sliced roasted red peppers. Cook green pepper with onion and add red pepper at last minute during reheating.
Heat oil in wok or large skillet over high heat. Add onion and red pepper and stir fry until onion softens slightly, about 2 minutes. Add zucchini, garlic and herbs and stir fry another 2 minutes. If not serving immediately, reheat by stir frying over high heat about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.