My husband loves country food! So I decided to make something that he will enjoy. And he sure enjoyed “Paleo Shepherds Pie”. He asked me for seconds!!! 🙂 Enjoy!
1 1/2 – 2 lbs of organic ground beef
1 tablespoon rosemary
1 tablespoon ground pepper
4 garlic cloves
1 medium red or white onion, chopped finely
1 small bag of carrots, peeled and chopped
2 heads of cauliflower
2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil
a dash of celery seed
paprika+salt+pepper to taste
1. Cut cauliflower into small florets and steam them for about 30 minutes till tender.
2. Brown beef on stove in skillet with onions, garlic, pepper, celery salt and rosemary until brown, while that is cooking peel carrots and cut into small pieces and cook it for 15 minutes. Drain water from carrots and mash them.
3. When cauliflower is tender, mash them (I used a potato masher, added butter and whipped them). Or you can use handheld mixer.
4. Use a 9X13 casserole dish, add beef mixture at bottom then top with carrots then mashed cauliflower, sprinkle paprika over cauliflower
5. Bake for 45 minutes at 365*F