I love clam chowder! Especially homemade. And chowder with salmon is one of my favorite! Enjoy it!
- 1 lb of salmon fillets (skin and bones removed)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons grass fed butter or/coconut oil
- 3 cups chicken broth or/water
- 2 cups carrots, diced into small cubes
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 (13.5 oz) full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh or dried dill
- salt and black pepper, cayenne pepper to taste
- Sprinkle salmon with kosher salt and pepper; place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Flake fish into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
- Melt butter or/coconut oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, carrots and celery. Sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Gradually whisk in chicken broth/or water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until bubbly.
- Add sweet potatoes, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until potato is tender. Stir in coconut milk. Cook 6 minutes or until heated. Add salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper cooked salmon and crumbled bacon stirring gently to combine. Spoon into individual bowls; top with dill.