We have lots of tomatoes in our garden this year. I decided to put them to use and made delicious “Tomato Bisque” which was creamy because I added coconut milk. I used Vitamix blender to make it so fast and easy. It’s my best friends in the kitchen 🙂
Preparation: 15 minutes Processing: 5-6 minutes
5 large fresh plum tomatoes
1 can coconut milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 bay leaf
1/8 teaspoon dried basil
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1/4 cup (60 g) butter
1-2 tablespoons tapioca starch (depends on consistency you like)
4 sun-dried tomatoes, packed in water, drained
1. Place tomatoes into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
2. Select Variable 1.
3. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
4. Blend 30 seconds or until smooth.
5. In a 4 quart pot, combine all ingredients except sun-dried tomatoes. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes. Remove bay leaf.
6. Place tomato mixture into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
7. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10. then to High.
8. Blend for 5-6 minutes and reduce speed to Variable 5.
9. Remove the lid plug and add in the sun-dried tomatoes through the lid plug opening.
10. Increase speed to Variable 10. Blend for an additional 10-15 seconds. Serve immediately.