My first time trying out “scotch eggs” today and I’m in love with them! So easy to make, super delicious and good source of protein 🙂
I prefer and recommend to eat it right after you made it for the best taste.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1-lb ground chicken (or other meat)
- 1 raw egg
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2-3 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon bacon fat, it gives an amazing taste (coconut oil, other oil, ghee, etc)
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- paprika to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Beat the one raw egg, and mix with the ground chicken. Then add spices to it.
- Mix all flours together in a plate.
- Remove the shells from the hard-boiled eggs.
- Wrap the meat mixture around the eggs forming little egg envelopes. Then dip it into flour. (If your hands are sticky, wet them in warm water then roll eggs in meat mixture.)
- Brown the scotch eggs in a pan over medium heat. Flip to other side. Cut one and try if it’s ready.
- Place the eggs in an oven or toaster oven at 350ºF/177ºC for 30-minutes
- Allow eggs to cool, cut in half, and enjoy it with the side of light salad.