Per request I’m posting this delicious recipe for Mushroom Melt Stuffed Chicken. You can enjoy it for lunch, dinner or even breakfast 🙂
- 1/4 cup butter or oil or fat
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound button mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 12 skinless, boneless chicken thighs halves
- 24 bacon slices
- any type of white cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Heat butter or oil or fat in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir the onion, garlic and mushrooms with salt and pepper until the mushrooms are dark and juicy, about 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat. Set aside. Mix well with cheese.
- Lay a flattened chicken thighs out onto a work surface. Spoon about 3 tablespoons of the mushroom stuffing onto the chicken thighs. Roll the chicken breast around the stuffing, wrap 2 slices of bacon firmly around each roll, and secure with toothpicks. Place the rolls into a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is no longer pink and hot, about 45 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of a roll should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove the chicken rolls from the oven, and place an oven rack about 6 inches from the oven’s broiler heat source. Turn on the broiler, and broil the rolls until the bacon is brown, 5 to 10 more minutes.